Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Colour-coded posts for Buddies/Friends?
Max
2/24/2013   

Member Hey Cradz,

I think a nice feature would be to colour-code posts by your buddies to make them stand out - maybe make them appear in Bold/Italics/Underline (with preferences so we can control their appearance)?

Maybe there could be a "Favourites" option instead - for people who don't like the other stuff the buddy option brings etc. and the favourites would be able to be colour-coded.
Post #984233 Back to top ▲
2/24/2013

Max
Hey Cradz,

I think a nice feature would be to colour-code posts by your buddies to make them stand out - maybe make them appear in Bold/Italics/Underline (with preferences so we can control their appearance)?

Maybe there could be a "Favourites" option instead - for people who don't like the other stuff the buddy option brings etc. and the favourites would be able to be colour-coded.
Post #984233
H*Jack
2/26/2013   

Member I think color coding would be confusing . A button to just show private messages would useful. That way you could quickly check if you've missed anything.

Another feature I'd like is not to lose a private message if someone has left the room. an option to send it as a pager would be good,

Finally, the search never seems to work.

I have loads more suggestions!
Post #984352 Back to top ▲
2/26/2013

H*Jack
I think color coding would be confusing . A button to just show private messages would useful. That way you could quickly check if you've missed anything.

Another feature I'd like is not to lose a private message if someone has left the room. an option to send it as a pager would be good,

Finally, the search never seems to work.

I have loads more suggestions!
Post #984352
Cradz
2/26/2013   

The Owner
The Owner
Sorry not really doable right now for privacy and performance reasons.

If we have it set so that you could see posts color coded for a buddy regardless of name they use then some will use that to figure out who you are (yes.. I know you can already do that with other methods).

If we have it set so that you can only see posts color coded for the name you actually added then what happens with other names that same buddy has? You can't add multiple nicknames to your buddy list for the same user.

While I see the benefit to quickly seeing posts from buddies it's a feature that would cause slow downs to the chat system (because every post would have to be checked to see if it's a buddy) so the benefit to the cost of doing that feature isn't there.

I will re-visit this idea once the new system is online and all bugs fixed though. This isn't something I'm going to spend time on trying to figure out for the new code.
Post #984370 Back to top ▲
2/26/2013

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Sorry not really doable right now for privacy and performance reasons.

If we have it set so that you could see posts color coded for a buddy regardless of name they use then some will use that to figure out who you are (yes.. I know you can already do that with other methods).

If we have it set so that you can only see posts color coded for the name you actually added then what happens with other names that same buddy has? You can't add multiple nicknames to your buddy list for the same user.

While I see the benefit to quickly seeing posts from buddies it's a feature that would cause slow downs to the chat system (because every post would have to be checked to see if it's a buddy) so the benefit to the cost of doing that feature isn't there.

I will re-visit this idea once the new system is online and all bugs fixed though. This isn't something I'm going to spend time on trying to figure out for the new code.
Post #984370
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz