Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Chicken & Broccoli
RainbowSix
11/30/2007   

Member My absolute favorite recipe of all time. It's fairly quick...it's healthy...and it's even better the 2nd night than the first.

Two lbs. boneless chicken breast, cubed.
1 large stalk of broccoli
1 large white or yellow onion
1 package sliced mushrooms, or two small cans of sliced mushrooms drained
1 large can College Inn low sodium chicen broth
White cooking wine
Soy sauce
Corn starch
Steamed white rice (NOT boiled)
Chowmein noodles

Start by taking your chicken breast and cutting it into cubes aprroimately 1"x1" to 1.5" to 1.5"
Marinate chicken in a container with soy sauce and white wine. Set aside for 15-30 minutes
Brown chicken in a large non-stick saucepan on high heat. I use a nonstick wok.
Remove chicken from wok/saucepan and place in a paper towel lined bowl
Saute mushrooms and onions until the onions JUST start to brown, and re-add the chicken
Pour chicken broth into the wok/saucepan. Bring chicken broth to a simmer.
In your empty broth can...pour 1-2 cups of warm water, and a couple teaspoons of corn starch.
Stir briskly to ensure no lumps. Pour solution into wok/saucepan to thicken the broth.
After you add the cornstarch...cook on medium heat for roughly a half an hour, uncovered.
Chop the flowerettes off the broccoli stalk and place on top of everything else...and cover for a couple
minutes just long enough to steam the broccoli. You don't want the broccoli to be soggy.
Serve over white rice...and top with chow mein noodles.

The best part about this meal is that it's even better when the next day after it's had a day to sit in the fridge and thicken.
This meal never gets old for me...I make it at least once a weak...sometimes more. :-)

Bon appetit.
Post #818709 Back to top ▲
11/30/2007

RainbowSix
My absolute favorite recipe of all time. It's fairly quick...it's healthy...and it's even better the 2nd night than the first.

Two lbs. boneless chicken breast, cubed.
1 large stalk of broccoli
1 large white or yellow onion
1 package sliced mushrooms, or two small cans of sliced mushrooms drained
1 large can College Inn low sodium chicen broth
White cooking wine
Soy sauce
Corn starch
Steamed white rice (NOT boiled)
Chowmein noodles

Start by taking your chicken breast and cutting it into cubes aprroimately 1"x1" to 1.5" to 1.5"
Marinate chicken in a container with soy sauce and white wine. Set aside for 15-30 minutes
Brown chicken in a large non-stick saucepan on high heat. I use a nonstick wok.
Remove chicken from wok/saucepan and place in a paper towel lined bowl
Saute mushrooms and onions until the onions JUST start to brown, and re-add the chicken
Pour chicken broth into the wok/saucepan. Bring chicken broth to a simmer.
In your empty broth can...pour 1-2 cups of warm water, and a couple teaspoons of corn starch.
Stir briskly to ensure no lumps. Pour solution into wok/saucepan to thicken the broth.
After you add the cornstarch...cook on medium heat for roughly a half an hour, uncovered.
Chop the flowerettes off the broccoli stalk and place on top of everything else...and cover for a couple
minutes just long enough to steam the broccoli. You don't want the broccoli to be soggy.
Serve over white rice...and top with chow mein noodles.

The best part about this meal is that it's even better when the next day after it's had a day to sit in the fridge and thicken.
This meal never gets old for me...I make it at least once a weak...sometimes more. :-)

Bon appetit.
Post #818709
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna