Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Ja Rule has all the answers
sinnin
9/15/2007   

Member Ja Rule recently spoke out about the upcoming U.S. Congressional hearing set to discuss the lyrical content and imagery of African-American women in hip-hop.

As SOHH previously reported, the aforementioned hearing entitled "From Imus to Industry: The Business of Stereotypes and Degradation" will take place on September 25 and will investigate media "stereotypes and degradation" of black women in hip-hop and the entertainment industry.

Top industry executives including Philippe Dauman of Viacom, Doug Morris of Universal Music Group, Edgar Bronfman, Jr. of Warner Music Group and music mogul Master P are expected to appear as witnesses in the hearing.

In a recent interview with Complex magazine, Ja Rule offered his objections to the hearings.

"They got my man Doug Morris under fire and @#!*, they got him going down to go speak to Congress about hip-hop lyrics, are you @#*$ing serious?" Ja said. "There's a f--king black kid right now about to get 25 years for having a fight with some white kids over hanging the nooses over the white tree, let's get to that. Let's get into sh-t like that, because that's what's tearing up America, not me calling a woman a b--ch or a h-e on my rap songs."

"And if it is, then we need to go step to Paramount, and f--king MGM, and all of these other motherf--kers that's making all of these movies and we need to go step to MTV and Viacom, and lets talk about all these f--king shows that they have on MTV that is promoting homosexuality, that my kids can't watch this sh-t," he continued. "Dating shows that's showing two guys or two girls in mid-afternoon. Let's talk about s--t like that! If that's not f--king up America, I don't know what is."

"There's a lot of issues we can address besides hip-hop, but they want to put everything on us like we're the problem," Ja added. "This is going to be a shameless f--king plug, but I said, 'when everyone wants to point the finger, and ask why there's so much corruption, they only need to look in the mirror.' It starts with themselves."

Source
Post #810356 Back to top ▲
9/15/2007

sinnin
Ja Rule recently spoke out about the upcoming U.S. Congressional hearing set to discuss the lyrical content and imagery of African-American women in hip-hop.

As SOHH previously reported, the aforementioned hearing entitled "From Imus to Industry: The Business of Stereotypes and Degradation" will take place on September 25 and will investigate media "stereotypes and degradation" of black women in hip-hop and the entertainment industry.

Top industry executives including Philippe Dauman of Viacom, Doug Morris of Universal Music Group, Edgar Bronfman, Jr. of Warner Music Group and music mogul Master P are expected to appear as witnesses in the hearing.

In a recent interview with Complex magazine, Ja Rule offered his objections to the hearings.

"They got my man Doug Morris under fire and @#!*, they got him going down to go speak to Congress about hip-hop lyrics, are you @#*$ing serious?" Ja said. "There's a f--king black kid right now about to get 25 years for having a fight with some white kids over hanging the nooses over the white tree, let's get to that. Let's get into sh-t like that, because that's what's tearing up America, not me calling a woman a b--ch or a h-e on my rap songs."

"And if it is, then we need to go step to Paramount, and f--king MGM, and all of these other motherf--kers that's making all of these movies and we need to go step to MTV and Viacom, and lets talk about all these f--king shows that they have on MTV that is promoting homosexuality, that my kids can't watch this sh-t," he continued. "Dating shows that's showing two guys or two girls in mid-afternoon. Let's talk about s--t like that! If that's not f--king up America, I don't know what is."

"There's a lot of issues we can address besides hip-hop, but they want to put everything on us like we're the problem," Ja added. "This is going to be a shameless f--king plug, but I said, 'when everyone wants to point the finger, and ask why there's so much corruption, they only need to look in the mirror.' It starts with themselves."

Source
Post #810356
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna