Chat Rooms   Forums   Calendar   Welcome!
Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
PG 13
Chang
4/17/2007   

Member so i can't say *bleep*...

*hornhonk*

or any thing else when I am lost in IC....when I have a rare day to actually be "Hornhonking" IC

I get a "hornhonking" page? saying I can't say "hornhonk" in the Dp cuz "hornhonk is an unacceptable term. Yo didn't George Carlin cover the "Hornhonk", and all variations.....

don't come at Me like this is PG 13.... any kid over the age of 7 knows the word "hornhonk"

and stuff I will twist over My grave about......

we will slap any attempt at going IC in the pines with much more strict rules...?

( I met this lady, she has to Go Back to Russia after 40 years,,,she is scared.)

Scared of what I wonder? here in 2007 ?

give me a solid set of "hornhonking" rules...that don't change at the whim of whomever decides to volunteer to be a momitor....

and I volunteer to be a monitor

and Mr Owner i would ask of you a phone call

I have been here long enough...

I ain't leaving unless asked to

but I am a busy "hornhonker" and I only have so much time now online......I do not like being corrected suddenly for being the way I always am in DP...or NHB

this is the only lil Chat site I attempt to enjoy..I have no time to go on and discover further...

Post #17976 Back to top ▲
4/17/2007

Chang
so i can't say *bleep*...

*hornhonk*

or any thing else when I am lost in IC....when I have a rare day to actually be "Hornhonking" IC

I get a "hornhonking" page? saying I can't say "hornhonk" in the Dp cuz "hornhonk is an unacceptable term. Yo didn't George Carlin cover the "Hornhonk", and all variations.....

don't come at Me like this is PG 13.... any kid over the age of 7 knows the word "hornhonk"

and stuff I will twist over My grave about......

we will slap any attempt at going IC in the pines with much more strict rules...?

( I met this lady, she has to Go Back to Russia after 40 years,,,she is scared.)

Scared of what I wonder? here in 2007 ?

give me a solid set of "hornhonking" rules...that don't change at the whim of whomever decides to volunteer to be a momitor....

and I volunteer to be a monitor

and Mr Owner i would ask of you a phone call

I have been here long enough...

I ain't leaving unless asked to

but I am a busy "hornhonker" and I only have so much time now online......I do not like being corrected suddenly for being the way I always am in DP...or NHB

this is the only lil Chat site I attempt to enjoy..I have no time to go on and discover further...

Post #17976
Cradz
4/17/2007   

The Owner
The Owner
First off, the image gallery doesn't allow you to view adult images if you're under the age of 18.

Second, using the F word is currently not acceptable in Dark Pines, period. You can get the same effect by posting the f word in the form of f%*! The description for the Role Playing category on the chat menu is "Create a mythical character and let your imagination take you where you never thought possible. No sexually explicit conversations or images allowed!" I thought it was common sense that vulgar language was included.

Third, you guys need to respect our security team a bit better than you have been. They are here to enforce the rules and not to take crap from you when you don't agree with a rule. If you don't agree with a rule then bring it up like this topic but don't give security a hard time. If I lose volunteers then you'll lose access to this site because I won't run it by myself.

However, I understand your concerns and I think the best solution is to have a language filter that is automatic if you're under the age of 18 and optional if you're over the age of 18.

Would that resolve this issue? If so, I'll build it into our new system due to be launched this weekend.

P.S. You have to be 13 or over to sign up for this site anyway.

Post #796501 Back to top ▲
4/17/2007

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
First off, the image gallery doesn't allow you to view adult images if you're under the age of 18.

Second, using the F word is currently not acceptable in Dark Pines, period. You can get the same effect by posting the f word in the form of f%*! The description for the Role Playing category on the chat menu is "Create a mythical character and let your imagination take you where you never thought possible. No sexually explicit conversations or images allowed!" I thought it was common sense that vulgar language was included.

Third, you guys need to respect our security team a bit better than you have been. They are here to enforce the rules and not to take crap from you when you don't agree with a rule. If you don't agree with a rule then bring it up like this topic but don't give security a hard time. If I lose volunteers then you'll lose access to this site because I won't run it by myself.

However, I understand your concerns and I think the best solution is to have a language filter that is automatic if you're under the age of 18 and optional if you're over the age of 18.

Would that resolve this issue? If so, I'll build it into our new system due to be launched this weekend.

P.S. You have to be 13 or over to sign up for this site anyway.

Post #796501
Cradz
4/17/2007   

The Owner
The Owner
OK, after a discussion with Security and CM we've decided to put in place a language filter if you're under the age of 18.

With the new site going online we'll be less anal about language used in Dark Pines although you do need to remember that Dark Pines is still a general audience moderated chat room. No cybersex etc.

Any type of Adult sex type role-play needs to take place in an adult private room or NHB.

We'll also frown upon those purposely bypassing the language filters and the Terms of Use will be updated to reflect this.

Post #796502 Back to top ▲
4/17/2007

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
OK, after a discussion with Security and CM we've decided to put in place a language filter if you're under the age of 18.

With the new site going online we'll be less anal about language used in Dark Pines although you do need to remember that Dark Pines is still a general audience moderated chat room. No cybersex etc.

Any type of Adult sex type role-play needs to take place in an adult private room or NHB.

We'll also frown upon those purposely bypassing the language filters and the Terms of Use will be updated to reflect this.

Post #796502
Chang
4/17/2007   

Member I thank you..

I am not a c&p player when I DO manage to be in a RP mode my typing is raw and unedited...and I get very deeply into it.... I do when I notice change the vulgarity, and I don't think I gave your volunteer a hard time...I went and did as you see here. It's hard enough to deal with the normal crazy's on this site....I can't imagine the "behind the scenes" for us that like the Pines.
We are a certifiable lot!!!

I do apprieciate the attention to this and the understanding and thanks once again....

Post #796503 Back to top ▲
4/17/2007

Chang
I thank you..

I am not a c&p player when I DO manage to be in a RP mode my typing is raw and unedited...and I get very deeply into it.... I do when I notice change the vulgarity, and I don't think I gave your volunteer a hard time...I went and did as you see here. It's hard enough to deal with the normal crazy's on this site....I can't imagine the "behind the scenes" for us that like the Pines.
We are a certifiable lot!!!

I do apprieciate the attention to this and the understanding and thanks once again....

Post #796503
Cradz
4/19/2007   

The Owner
The Owner
er.. ok.. well cya gabby...

Filter has been added to the new chat system for those under the age of 18.

Post #796504 Back to top ▲
4/19/2007

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
er.. ok.. well cya gabby...

Filter has been added to the new chat system for those under the age of 18.

Post #796504
khristofer
4/19/2007   

Member Cradz:

What adult literature do you know of where the protagonist swears with "$#!^"?

Post #796505 Back to top ▲
4/19/2007

khristofer
Cradz:

What adult literature do you know of where the protagonist swears with "$#!^"?

Post #796505
CM
4/19/2007   

Member Comic books.

They are so adult literature.

-CM
Post #796506 Back to top ▲
4/19/2007

CM
Comic books.

They are so adult literature.

-CM
Post #796506
khristofer
4/19/2007   

Member CM:

Not if they follow the "Comics Code".

Post #796507 Back to top ▲
4/19/2007

khristofer
CM:

Not if they follow the "Comics Code".

Post #796507
Sab
4/21/2007   

Member I recall seeing somewhere, a thread stating that graphic roleplays were acceptable in DP. In fact this thread had a short exerpt of a mono or rp from CM detailing the skinning of a live baby, and lead onto the raping of the mother.

So basically what we're saying is...I can create a scenario as sick and as twisted as I want...but I can't say f***?

For Discussion Thread

Post #796509 Back to top ▲
4/21/2007

Sab
I recall seeing somewhere, a thread stating that graphic roleplays were acceptable in DP. In fact this thread had a short exerpt of a mono or rp from CM detailing the skinning of a live baby, and lead onto the raping of the mother.

So basically what we're saying is...I can create a scenario as sick and as twisted as I want...but I can't say f***?

For Discussion Thread

Post #796509
Topic Info