Chat Rooms   Forums   Calendar   Welcome!
Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
So is DP pretty much dead?
Flycker_Gris
2/13/2007   

Member I know I haven't been here as long as some of the people that I know. I think I'm running on 3 or 4 years now? Time flies when you RP at the pork, I guess. *chuckles*

But anyways, I know that I don't get to RP that much, I just hang around OOC and watch most of the time. And when I do get to RP it's usually a closed set with someone. Like my sets with Liri, and my fanfic stuff.

Also I usually only RP if I have at least 2 hours at my disposal. Because I don't think much can be accomplished otherwise.

However I am always willing to RP with someone, I don't believe in pausing characters, I believe they can meet with someone else in another timeframe at another place. Just as long as I have the time.

I'm also going to try and get some new story plots running, if I can get my mind going.

Also as far as the dice thing is concerned, whenever it was Saturdays me and some other people just went to another room by creating a new one. So it never really bothered me that much.

This message was edited by Flycker_Gris on 2-13-07 @ 9:13 AM
Post #789611 Back to top ▲
2/13/2007

Flycker_Gris
I know I haven't been here as long as some of the people that I know. I think I'm running on 3 or 4 years now? Time flies when you RP at the pork, I guess. *chuckles*

But anyways, I know that I don't get to RP that much, I just hang around OOC and watch most of the time. And when I do get to RP it's usually a closed set with someone. Like my sets with Liri, and my fanfic stuff.

Also I usually only RP if I have at least 2 hours at my disposal. Because I don't think much can be accomplished otherwise.

However I am always willing to RP with someone, I don't believe in pausing characters, I believe they can meet with someone else in another timeframe at another place. Just as long as I have the time.

I'm also going to try and get some new story plots running, if I can get my mind going.

Also as far as the dice thing is concerned, whenever it was Saturdays me and some other people just went to another room by creating a new one. So it never really bothered me that much.

This message was edited by Flycker_Gris on 2-13-07 @ 9:13 AM
Post #789611
Cradz
2/13/2007   

The Owner
The Owner
Liri.. totally agree with you on the limited time some of us have now that we've grown up a bit..

It wasn't uncommon for me to spend 12 hours a day on the site back when we first started but that was before kids, a full-time job and I was "attending" college... heh.. times change.

It's great to see the dialog here and I hope we can build on those of you left.

It looks like we all agree that we need to have a separate site for Roleplayers (but allow those over the age of 18 to have access to our Adult site with the same membership).

It also appears we agree we should have different categories of chat rooms on the new site for Dark Pines... the original Dark Pines room (purely freeform) and perhaps a Dark Pines RPG room.

CM and I have discussed taking a week off our normal schedule (work/college) and focus on the site and get our new system online sometime in March.

We'll give you more information as we figure it out and we'll be sure to keep you closely involved during final development and hope some of you will spend some time testing the system.

Post #789612 Back to top ▲
2/13/2007

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Liri.. totally agree with you on the limited time some of us have now that we've grown up a bit..

It wasn't uncommon for me to spend 12 hours a day on the site back when we first started but that was before kids, a full-time job and I was "attending" college... heh.. times change.

It's great to see the dialog here and I hope we can build on those of you left.

It looks like we all agree that we need to have a separate site for Roleplayers (but allow those over the age of 18 to have access to our Adult site with the same membership).

It also appears we agree we should have different categories of chat rooms on the new site for Dark Pines... the original Dark Pines room (purely freeform) and perhaps a Dark Pines RPG room.

CM and I have discussed taking a week off our normal schedule (work/college) and focus on the site and get our new system online sometime in March.

We'll give you more information as we figure it out and we'll be sure to keep you closely involved during final development and hope some of you will spend some time testing the system.

Post #789612
CM
2/13/2007   

Member If folks think that security is a bit reactionary, we'll have a talk with them and tell them, once again, that it's a -reactionary- team. If no one complains, well, unless it's a clear violation we don't tend to do anything.

But, again, odds are if security jumped into the room, it's because someone blew the whistle.

-CM
Post #789614 Back to top ▲
2/13/2007

CM
If folks think that security is a bit reactionary, we'll have a talk with them and tell them, once again, that it's a -reactionary- team. If no one complains, well, unless it's a clear violation we don't tend to do anything.

But, again, odds are if security jumped into the room, it's because someone blew the whistle.

-CM
Post #789614
CM
2/14/2007   

Member We'd love ot have faster response times for DP, and NHB, and anywhere else for that matter. It isn't an issue of "not noticing", it's not having enough volunteers on the timeslots where that stuff becomes a problem.

I promise: if the problem is sent to the call security email, if anyone is aorund they get on it immediately. If they're late, it's because that's when they got online and that's the first chance they have to respond to it.

-CM
Post #789617 Back to top ▲
2/14/2007

CM
We'd love ot have faster response times for DP, and NHB, and anywhere else for that matter. It isn't an issue of "not noticing", it's not having enough volunteers on the timeslots where that stuff becomes a problem.

I promise: if the problem is sent to the call security email, if anyone is aorund they get on it immediately. If they're late, it's because that's when they got online and that's the first chance they have to respond to it.

-CM
Post #789617
The~Mikey
2/14/2007   

Member CM.. We all know you do your best! All of you guys do everything you can to insure the most pleasing chatting/ Rping expirence that you can and for that we are truly thankful.

As for the problem with the available security. Liri is on almost all day everyday and I am almost all day during the week. We would both have no problems in helping out anyway we can.

Thank you!!

This message was edited by The~Mikey on 2-13-07 @ 7:56 PM
Post #789618 Back to top ▲
2/14/2007

The~Mikey
CM.. We all know you do your best! All of you guys do everything you can to insure the most pleasing chatting/ Rping expirence that you can and for that we are truly thankful.

As for the problem with the available security. Liri is on almost all day everyday and I am almost all day during the week. We would both have no problems in helping out anyway we can.

Thank you!!

This message was edited by The~Mikey on 2-13-07 @ 7:56 PM
Post #789618
Flycker_Gris
2/14/2007   

Member CM: I'll volunteer for what little time I am on. *nods*

Post #789620 Back to top ▲
2/14/2007

Flycker_Gris
CM: I'll volunteer for what little time I am on. *nods*

Post #789620
Ridley
2/14/2007   

Member I think the volunteer process needs a bit of tweeking for Dark Pines, at least for the moment.

Graphics speaking, what the room needs is a coder, as there are a crapload of freelance RP ikers. Pure and simple. Set it up, so it's sent to either a DP image server, or a NHB one. That saves half the workload there.

Security issue, most of the time, DP is self governing, so to speak. We see it, we cal people on it, they leave. It's not a real big issue at the moment, and we all know who the regulars of the room are. We watch out for each other, and everyone in there.

Updating the look...a little more tricky, because I know Cradz was saying something about making the rooms more dialup friendly. If it's too graphic intensive in the room, it makes it less desirable for the general public. Some people like it, but we want quality AND quantity. Maybe something along the lines of the skins...so people can select how the site looks for them on a basic level.

As I said, I am more waiting to see what happens when the new site goes live, which I have been waiting for for quite some time...How about a specific date, fellas?

http://terraphim.proboards27.com][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/ridleys/Banner.gif[/IMG

Post #789622 Back to top ▲
2/14/2007

Ridley
I think the volunteer process needs a bit of tweeking for Dark Pines, at least for the moment.

Graphics speaking, what the room needs is a coder, as there are a crapload of freelance RP ikers. Pure and simple. Set it up, so it's sent to either a DP image server, or a NHB one. That saves half the workload there.

Security issue, most of the time, DP is self governing, so to speak. We see it, we cal people on it, they leave. It's not a real big issue at the moment, and we all know who the regulars of the room are. We watch out for each other, and everyone in there.

Updating the look...a little more tricky, because I know Cradz was saying something about making the rooms more dialup friendly. If it's too graphic intensive in the room, it makes it less desirable for the general public. Some people like it, but we want quality AND quantity. Maybe something along the lines of the skins...so people can select how the site looks for them on a basic level.

As I said, I am more waiting to see what happens when the new site goes live, which I have been waiting for for quite some time...How about a specific date, fellas?

http://terraphim.proboards27.com][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/ridleys/Banner.gif[/IMG

Post #789622
Cradz
2/14/2007   

The Owner
The Owner
Ridley

No set date yet but I want this done by the end of March. It's dragged on far too long.

Depends on when CM and I can match schedules.

The new system (http://www.the-pork.net) does have the basic chat room system in place now that should be fairly quick for dial-up.

I'm using some compression code to reduce the size of pages throughout the site so most pages load up quickly.

Initially we won't have the sites separated (it'll take at least another couple of months to do that) as I don't want to wait.

Post #789623 Back to top ▲
2/14/2007

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Ridley

No set date yet but I want this done by the end of March. It's dragged on far too long.

Depends on when CM and I can match schedules.

The new system (http://www.the-pork.net) does have the basic chat room system in place now that should be fairly quick for dial-up.

I'm using some compression code to reduce the size of pages throughout the site so most pages load up quickly.

Initially we won't have the sites separated (it'll take at least another couple of months to do that) as I don't want to wait.

Post #789623
DarHorse
3/30/2007   

Member I would come bac but I dunno if any of the regulars I R ped with back in te day are still around

Post #789626 Back to top ▲
3/30/2007

DarHorse
I would come bac but I dunno if any of the regulars I R ped with back in te day are still around

Post #789626
Cradz
7/7/2009   

The Owner
The Owner
I've updated the room so it now has RP features.

As you may have noticed the language on the pork has been changed recently to "Adult Chat" so that we show up more on search engines for key words to increase our NHB audience.

I do still want to move Darkpines/RP to it's own domain and cater to a 13+ audience but I'm currently in the middle of a development cycle at work and it's impossible for me to spend any time on the site. However, the technology I'm developing at work is really cool and is something I can use on The Pork / Darkpines in the future.

It really sucks I don't have more time. Unfortunately, this site has taken a back seat to my work and family and Darkpines has been a casualty of that.
Post #892522 Back to top ▲
7/7/2009

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
I've updated the room so it now has RP features.

As you may have noticed the language on the pork has been changed recently to "Adult Chat" so that we show up more on search engines for key words to increase our NHB audience.

I do still want to move Darkpines/RP to it's own domain and cater to a 13+ audience but I'm currently in the middle of a development cycle at work and it's impossible for me to spend any time on the site. However, the technology I'm developing at work is really cool and is something I can use on The Pork / Darkpines in the future.

It really sucks I don't have more time. Unfortunately, this site has taken a back seat to my work and family and Darkpines has been a casualty of that.
Post #892522
dettie
7/7/2009   

Febby (7/7/2009)
Karina (7/6/2009)
go to the Chatrroms page
and hit show empty if it's not up on the list already then click on it.

Dark Pines is listed among NHB, The Chamber, Adult Lounge and a few other rooms.. however, DP has been quiet for quite sometime now ~nods~ you can always add Dark Pines to your fave rooms list Smile

They weren't looking for Dark pines..........
Post #892529 Back to top ▲
7/7/2009

dettie
Febby (7/7/2009)
Karina (7/6/2009)
go to the Chatrroms page
and hit show empty if it's not up on the list already then click on it.

Dark Pines is listed among NHB, The Chamber, Adult Lounge and a few other rooms.. however, DP has been quiet for quite sometime now ~nods~ you can always add Dark Pines to your fave rooms list Smile

They weren't looking for Dark pines..........
Post #892529
Topic Info