Chat Rooms   Forums   Calendar   Welcome!
Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
So is DP pretty much dead?
bleuanjil
2/8/2007   

Member So I'm back after quite awhile of not being around, and it's sad to see the room dead. Is there a real reason for it being so empty, or have people just moved on?

Post #17155 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

bleuanjil
So I'm back after quite awhile of not being around, and it's sad to see the room dead. Is there a real reason for it being so empty, or have people just moved on?

Post #17155
bleuanjil
2/8/2007   

Member Shane?! WTF, I thought you were dead. Like.. For real.

How's Bubbles?

Post #789578 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

bleuanjil
Shane?! WTF, I thought you were dead. Like.. For real.

How's Bubbles?

Post #789578
Lirilith
2/8/2007   

Founding Beta Tester i think a bunch of people are stressed out in rt at the moment...
...i know i am one of those

the room comes and goes...
...hopefully things will pick back up
Post #789580 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

Lirilith
Founding Beta Tester
i think a bunch of people are stressed out in rt at the moment...
...i know i am one of those

the room comes and goes...
...hopefully things will pick back up
Post #789580
bleuanjil
2/8/2007   

Member This is just the longest stretch that I've seen it dead for. *shrugs*

Post #789581 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

bleuanjil
This is just the longest stretch that I've seen it dead for. *shrugs*

Post #789581
Alita
2/8/2007   

Member Hi sweetie!
I'm still around when I'm not stressed out with homework, mostly on weekends.
I see lots of people be around on weekends.
Post #789582 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

Alita
Hi sweetie!
I'm still around when I'm not stressed out with homework, mostly on weekends.
I see lots of people be around on weekends.
Post #789582
Ridley
2/8/2007   

Member ....I've been around. More than anything, I am waiting to see what is going to happen with the new site before I do much of anything else.

I do have several ideas in the pipeline, and plan to open a few in march. But if you guys have some ideas, I'd love to see them-s-

http://terraphim.proboards27.com][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/ridleys/Banner.gif[/IMG

Post #789584 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

Ridley
....I've been around. More than anything, I am waiting to see what is going to happen with the new site before I do much of anything else.

I do have several ideas in the pipeline, and plan to open a few in march. But if you guys have some ideas, I'd love to see them-s-

http://terraphim.proboards27.com][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/ridleys/Banner.gif[/IMG

Post #789584
Cradz
2/8/2007   

The Owner
The Owner
I think I'm going to take a few days off work very soon so I can finish up the new site... doing it piece by piece is taking a lot longer than I expected.

Hopefully when we are up and running we can advertise more than we are and try to draw in some new blood.

There are so many entertainment options available via the web these days I'm not surprised by the limited number of roleplayers we have using the site.

It seems to me that we do need a make over for the RP side of things. The Pork name sounds more adult chat than RP chat so we're probably losing a lot before they even take a look at the Darkpines room.

Post #789585 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
I think I'm going to take a few days off work very soon so I can finish up the new site... doing it piece by piece is taking a lot longer than I expected.

Hopefully when we are up and running we can advertise more than we are and try to draw in some new blood.

There are so many entertainment options available via the web these days I'm not surprised by the limited number of roleplayers we have using the site.

It seems to me that we do need a make over for the RP side of things. The Pork name sounds more adult chat than RP chat so we're probably losing a lot before they even take a look at the Darkpines room.

Post #789585
Ridley
2/8/2007   

Member Well, here's a couple ideas, Cradz, if it helps.
You guys seemed to be on the right track, to make DP a separate site all together.

It helps focus to the target audience.

Second, if you need a place to advertise, why not MegaTokyo. I'm sure some of your fellow RPers have heard of it.

The have a month's advertising for 1600 usd.

Sounds like a lot, but do the math. Each day, they get at least 90,000 unique visitors.

If half of one percent comes here and signs up for a month's membership....that's 4500 usd coming in.

Just an idea.

Also, Maybe a few more ideas from the game masters I keep hearing about? Promote the storylines so people get interested.

Post #789586 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

Ridley
Well, here's a couple ideas, Cradz, if it helps.
You guys seemed to be on the right track, to make DP a separate site all together.

It helps focus to the target audience.

Second, if you need a place to advertise, why not MegaTokyo. I'm sure some of your fellow RPers have heard of it.

The have a month's advertising for 1600 usd.

Sounds like a lot, but do the math. Each day, they get at least 90,000 unique visitors.

If half of one percent comes here and signs up for a month's membership....that's 4500 usd coming in.

Just an idea.

Also, Maybe a few more ideas from the game masters I keep hearing about? Promote the storylines so people get interested.

Post #789586
VALEK
2/8/2007   

Member yeah, it's dead-o-licious in DP. i still come in regularly enough, though i've been busy with school and such. there was a phenomenal saturday night a month ago where there was over 25 people in. it was like old times at The Park. there are many great writers i don't even see in there any more (Bleu, Canis, Gamina, Avalin, Hamho, Alura, Fox, to name a few). perhaps, the mediocre way in which DP had "divided" into groups, personal issues and closed rp's contributed to that. *shrug* who knows. all i know is about 3 years ago i resorted to writing mainly with me, though i do have a few people i rp with once or twice a week. would be nice to get DP thumping again.

Post #789587 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

VALEK
yeah, it's dead-o-licious in DP. i still come in regularly enough, though i've been busy with school and such. there was a phenomenal saturday night a month ago where there was over 25 people in. it was like old times at The Park. there are many great writers i don't even see in there any more (Bleu, Canis, Gamina, Avalin, Hamho, Alura, Fox, to name a few). perhaps, the mediocre way in which DP had "divided" into groups, personal issues and closed rp's contributed to that. *shrug* who knows. all i know is about 3 years ago i resorted to writing mainly with me, though i do have a few people i rp with once or twice a week. would be nice to get DP thumping again.

Post #789587
Cradz
2/8/2007   

The Owner
The Owner
Ridley

Agreed. Although, $1,600 is a lil more than I would be able to afford.. *l*.. but could be doable if we have the right looking site and features that folks would pay for.

Post #789588 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Ridley

Agreed. Although, $1,600 is a lil more than I would be able to afford.. *l*.. but could be doable if we have the right looking site and features that folks would pay for.

Post #789588
Ridley
2/8/2007   

Member So, what would be needed for a right looking site? Are we talking program or graphics?

As for the other stuff, they do have other options, like 200 for a week one below the comic, and other sites have similar stuff.

I'm just thinking the concept behind Dark Pines seems to be too good to waste. We had some great writers in there, and we didn't even have a fraction of the web here.

There has got to be a viable option to getting people here. Word of mouth isn't cutting it, cause I talk about the place a lot.

Maybe...-thinks- Simple interface.

Main page, with the log in, option to join, an FAQ link for the beginners, and a link for the message boards. Make it catchy, something that says "This is a pretty site, and the people are nifty too.

Use the code for the room that you working on, with the direct linking to the boards, change the graphics so they are site specific, including menu colors. A lot of other minor details.

I think the big thing to remember, is that'd it'd be not a chat site, but a ROLEPLAYING chat site. Different kind of dynamic entirely.

Site skins maybe...dunno, the trick is, you have to make it so people go "Man, this place is IT, man. I gotta get others here."

Which is why we lose to WoW. It's pretty, but the story lacks.

Now, I understand book stuff is supposed to be in the works for Dark Pines, or so I understood. You know, make it a combination of book and online RP. Good in theory, if you have the capital, bad if the company is, as you say, a hobby.-shrugs- Just an opinion.

Keep it as one solid room, true freeform. Options on the boards for settings, but anyone can RP anything at any time, like we have now.

If there need be a couple rooms, maybe a common room, and maybe an experienced players room, where series specific sets can be held, so there isn't much interruption, and the room can be reserved via sign up in the board?

I dunno, just shooting ideas out here.

This message was edited by Ridley on 2-8-07 @ 3:52 PM
Post #789589 Back to top ▲
2/8/2007

Ridley
So, what would be needed for a right looking site? Are we talking program or graphics?

As for the other stuff, they do have other options, like 200 for a week one below the comic, and other sites have similar stuff.

I'm just thinking the concept behind Dark Pines seems to be too good to waste. We had some great writers in there, and we didn't even have a fraction of the web here.

There has got to be a viable option to getting people here. Word of mouth isn't cutting it, cause I talk about the place a lot.

Maybe...-thinks- Simple interface.

Main page, with the log in, option to join, an FAQ link for the beginners, and a link for the message boards. Make it catchy, something that says "This is a pretty site, and the people are nifty too.

Use the code for the room that you working on, with the direct linking to the boards, change the graphics so they are site specific, including menu colors. A lot of other minor details.

I think the big thing to remember, is that'd it'd be not a chat site, but a ROLEPLAYING chat site. Different kind of dynamic entirely.

Site skins maybe...dunno, the trick is, you have to make it so people go "Man, this place is IT, man. I gotta get others here."

Which is why we lose to WoW. It's pretty, but the story lacks.

Now, I understand book stuff is supposed to be in the works for Dark Pines, or so I understood. You know, make it a combination of book and online RP. Good in theory, if you have the capital, bad if the company is, as you say, a hobby.-shrugs- Just an opinion.

Keep it as one solid room, true freeform. Options on the boards for settings, but anyone can RP anything at any time, like we have now.

If there need be a couple rooms, maybe a common room, and maybe an experienced players room, where series specific sets can be held, so there isn't much interruption, and the room can be reserved via sign up in the board?

I dunno, just shooting ideas out here.

This message was edited by Ridley on 2-8-07 @ 3:52 PM
Post #789589
Lucki
2/9/2007   

Member +sortof agrees with Butters+

ja..I don't really go to DP much anymore either unless I see other people in there.. it's crazy how busy it used to be.

Post #789592 Back to top ▲
2/9/2007

Lucki
+sortof agrees with Butters+

ja..I don't really go to DP much anymore either unless I see other people in there.. it's crazy how busy it used to be.

Post #789592
Lirilith
2/9/2007   

Founding Beta Tester Cradz,

When you break DP into another site are our current memberships going to apply to both places? My first membership strapped me back in the day when I had a steady job so now that I'm a broke med student I have no money to spare to gear up another membership.

Really, that is my only concern because separating the sites apart would be nice for those of us trying to get around monitored internet.
Post #789593 Back to top ▲
2/9/2007

Lirilith
Founding Beta Tester
Cradz,

When you break DP into another site are our current memberships going to apply to both places? My first membership strapped me back in the day when I had a steady job so now that I'm a broke med student I have no money to spare to gear up another membership.

Really, that is my only concern because separating the sites apart would be nice for those of us trying to get around monitored internet.
Post #789593
CM
2/12/2007   

Member Yes, that side of the house has been dead of late. I personally have been very busy with finishing up my degree, but after this semester I should have a fair amount of spare time. I also just got back from Georgia for a week-long trip and haven't had time to set up as much for the site as I'd like. I've personally been working on a huge re-write/re-assessment of the volunteer program and how to get folks more comfortable with reporting things, and letting folks know how things are done so there isn't the vast disconnect we seem to often have between the vols and the chatters. So, my apologies that this side seems to have been a little disregarded.

I also truly do believe that when we split the sites, and get the separate billing for the dark pines side, we'll have more folks. I agree with Lee that we lose a lot of folks who hear about the site being called "The Pork" because it sounds adult, before we even get them in.

Some of the tools will honestly encourage more play. When people have to stop RP for a few weeks, and the set wasn't saved or whatnot, then it sometimes gets difficult to get back into the swing of things. With the ability to post right to the boards, that will pick up I think. Scheduling RP sets with the new calendar feature, too, will encourage more active participation because people will -know- when things are happening. Activity really does breed more activity, and I think those two features will truly help out. Including the new personalization abilities (to give the site a different color scheme to folks who want it, and to give it a more RP feel than the blue/white deal we've got going) will also, I think, makeit feel more "RP" and encourage folks to stick around more.

-CM
Post #789594 Back to top ▲
2/12/2007

CM
Yes, that side of the house has been dead of late. I personally have been very busy with finishing up my degree, but after this semester I should have a fair amount of spare time. I also just got back from Georgia for a week-long trip and haven't had time to set up as much for the site as I'd like. I've personally been working on a huge re-write/re-assessment of the volunteer program and how to get folks more comfortable with reporting things, and letting folks know how things are done so there isn't the vast disconnect we seem to often have between the vols and the chatters. So, my apologies that this side seems to have been a little disregarded.

I also truly do believe that when we split the sites, and get the separate billing for the dark pines side, we'll have more folks. I agree with Lee that we lose a lot of folks who hear about the site being called "The Pork" because it sounds adult, before we even get them in.

Some of the tools will honestly encourage more play. When people have to stop RP for a few weeks, and the set wasn't saved or whatnot, then it sometimes gets difficult to get back into the swing of things. With the ability to post right to the boards, that will pick up I think. Scheduling RP sets with the new calendar feature, too, will encourage more active participation because people will -know- when things are happening. Activity really does breed more activity, and I think those two features will truly help out. Including the new personalization abilities (to give the site a different color scheme to folks who want it, and to give it a more RP feel than the blue/white deal we've got going) will also, I think, makeit feel more "RP" and encourage folks to stick around more.

-CM
Post #789594
Cradz
2/12/2007   

The Owner
The Owner
Butters..

I agree and we'll look at changing our membership levels. ISP costs are a lot lower than they used to be so I think we'll be able to have a flat yearly fee for a Silver membership that includes some features of a Gold Membership.

We'll basically have a Bronze (which will be the current Silver level), Silver (with maybe 10 Nicknames, 1 icon etc.), Gold (and maybe bump the base Gold Membership limits on Nicknames/Icons etc.)

I also want to get away from me being the ultimate person deciding member issues. I'm not having fun doing it and quite frankly it has to change or I will end up with an ulcer.

We need some type of council of members, a voting system, or something that makes it fair to all. We'll figure that out though after the new site is live with a lot of discussion with the members. I want to step back and just code instead of dealing with the drama.

.. and yes... even after the split .. your membership will be valid on both sites... eventually I see us expanding into other sites as well...

Post #789595 Back to top ▲
2/12/2007

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Butters..

I agree and we'll look at changing our membership levels. ISP costs are a lot lower than they used to be so I think we'll be able to have a flat yearly fee for a Silver membership that includes some features of a Gold Membership.

We'll basically have a Bronze (which will be the current Silver level), Silver (with maybe 10 Nicknames, 1 icon etc.), Gold (and maybe bump the base Gold Membership limits on Nicknames/Icons etc.)

I also want to get away from me being the ultimate person deciding member issues. I'm not having fun doing it and quite frankly it has to change or I will end up with an ulcer.

We need some type of council of members, a voting system, or something that makes it fair to all. We'll figure that out though after the new site is live with a lot of discussion with the members. I want to step back and just code instead of dealing with the drama.

.. and yes... even after the split .. your membership will be valid on both sites... eventually I see us expanding into other sites as well...

Post #789595
CM
2/12/2007   

Member I've heard the complaints about the PG-13 rating before, and I still don't think I buy it.

I'd like someone to post an RP set here that they think would not be allowed, and then allow for feedback from us on what would or wouldn't be allowed and why. I think you guys believe there are waaaay more restrictions on content than there actually are. Harrison Ford's "Witness" had a moment with the full top frontal exposure of a woman's breasts, and I don't think there was anything tasteless about it.

Violence here has an almost 100% allowance rate. You want to be gory, gruesome, go for it. We're mainly concerned about gratuitous profanity, and sexual content. The profanity because some children are raised in environments where they would find that sort of thing harassing. It also contributes to OOC profanity, which can lead to worse things. I won't say good writers don't ever swear, but they certainly can find ways around it (and easily, too).

The stigma for sexual content is, of course, because of the age groups as well. We don't want sexual RP because it is for all intents and purposes cyber-sex, and we have mingled age groups in the room. We keep a very careful eye on that whenever possible, so don't expect that to change in the future. But, again, you can have a romantic story complete with a love scene that doesn't get into detail. In literary terms, make the event exposition rather than a "scene".

Here's an example of a post that some folks probably think wouldn't be allowed, but would be (pardon the use of an old character):

Jonathen~Michaels:

...as he finished peeling the skin off of the screaming child's face, he glanced over to see the baby's mother with a grim look of determination on her face.

"You bastard," she seethed as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Why, that's quite complimentary considering the usual descriptors I receive" came the nonchalant reply, even as Jonathen dropped the baby to the floor. It hit with a wet -splat!-, the exposed flesh of the infant's disfigured features smearing the oak floor boards with bright red blood.

"Don't worry, my dear... it'll only get worse from here on out," Jonathen whispered as he started to control the air around her. First he thinned it, making her lightheaded and unable to concentrate. Her muscles, without the oxygen to make any energy, quickly fell victim to his powers of control. He grinned a quirky grin, and with a snap of his fingers her clothes burned to a crisp off of her body, even sans oxygen. She would have cried out, but there was not enough air to even form much of a cry.

"Come here," he continued in his matter-of-fact tone, and she found herself compelled to approach him. Naked and seething with hatred, hot tears spilled off of her cheeks and rolled down her neck, over the singed skin of her breasts and down her stomach, drying finally.

"You will come to bed with me," he said in a low voice. "And you will not be able to stop yourself."

Jonathen turned and headed towards an empty room, opening the door from a distance with a wave of his hand. He casually stepped over the baby's body, which had ceased crying by now. Its mother wept silently with what little air she had as her naked body moved her towards a den of iniquity that she had no desire to enter.

In the room, and all through the night, she finally found the oxygen she needed to scream.

and scream.

scream.

screamscreamscream...
-----------------------

Now, this would be pushign the envelope definitely, but it's something we wouldn't ban for, nor would I probably even caution the author.

-CM
Post #789597 Back to top ▲
2/12/2007

CM
I've heard the complaints about the PG-13 rating before, and I still don't think I buy it.

I'd like someone to post an RP set here that they think would not be allowed, and then allow for feedback from us on what would or wouldn't be allowed and why. I think you guys believe there are waaaay more restrictions on content than there actually are. Harrison Ford's "Witness" had a moment with the full top frontal exposure of a woman's breasts, and I don't think there was anything tasteless about it.

Violence here has an almost 100% allowance rate. You want to be gory, gruesome, go for it. We're mainly concerned about gratuitous profanity, and sexual content. The profanity because some children are raised in environments where they would find that sort of thing harassing. It also contributes to OOC profanity, which can lead to worse things. I won't say good writers don't ever swear, but they certainly can find ways around it (and easily, too).

The stigma for sexual content is, of course, because of the age groups as well. We don't want sexual RP because it is for all intents and purposes cyber-sex, and we have mingled age groups in the room. We keep a very careful eye on that whenever possible, so don't expect that to change in the future. But, again, you can have a romantic story complete with a love scene that doesn't get into detail. In literary terms, make the event exposition rather than a "scene".

Here's an example of a post that some folks probably think wouldn't be allowed, but would be (pardon the use of an old character):

Jonathen~Michaels:

...as he finished peeling the skin off of the screaming child's face, he glanced over to see the baby's mother with a grim look of determination on her face.

"You bastard," she seethed as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Why, that's quite complimentary considering the usual descriptors I receive" came the nonchalant reply, even as Jonathen dropped the baby to the floor. It hit with a wet -splat!-, the exposed flesh of the infant's disfigured features smearing the oak floor boards with bright red blood.

"Don't worry, my dear... it'll only get worse from here on out," Jonathen whispered as he started to control the air around her. First he thinned it, making her lightheaded and unable to concentrate. Her muscles, without the oxygen to make any energy, quickly fell victim to his powers of control. He grinned a quirky grin, and with a snap of his fingers her clothes burned to a crisp off of her body, even sans oxygen. She would have cried out, but there was not enough air to even form much of a cry.

"Come here," he continued in his matter-of-fact tone, and she found herself compelled to approach him. Naked and seething with hatred, hot tears spilled off of her cheeks and rolled down her neck, over the singed skin of her breasts and down her stomach, drying finally.

"You will come to bed with me," he said in a low voice. "And you will not be able to stop yourself."

Jonathen turned and headed towards an empty room, opening the door from a distance with a wave of his hand. He casually stepped over the baby's body, which had ceased crying by now. Its mother wept silently with what little air she had as her naked body moved her towards a den of iniquity that she had no desire to enter.

In the room, and all through the night, she finally found the oxygen she needed to scream.

and scream.

scream.

screamscreamscream...
-----------------------

Now, this would be pushign the envelope definitely, but it's something we wouldn't ban for, nor would I probably even caution the author.

-CM
Post #789597
VALEK
2/12/2007   

Member now, i'm not one for straight out explicit sexual writing, but it can't be ignored that people (of the maturer group) would like to see some excitement like that in the rp place. i think there should be a Dark Pines Rated PG-13 and a Dark Pines Rated R. the rated R would have pretty much the same no holds barred rules as the NHB chat room...only it would be roleplay. and the same terms and conditions should be posted, such as anyone who isn't of age shouldn't enter here if they don't possibly want to see writing of a more explicit nature.

it's all just a suggestion really.

This message was edited by VALEK on 2-12-07 @ 5:17 PM
Post #789598 Back to top ▲
2/12/2007

VALEK
now, i'm not one for straight out explicit sexual writing, but it can't be ignored that people (of the maturer group) would like to see some excitement like that in the rp place. i think there should be a Dark Pines Rated PG-13 and a Dark Pines Rated R. the rated R would have pretty much the same no holds barred rules as the NHB chat room...only it would be roleplay. and the same terms and conditions should be posted, such as anyone who isn't of age shouldn't enter here if they don't possibly want to see writing of a more explicit nature.

it's all just a suggestion really.

This message was edited by VALEK on 2-12-07 @ 5:17 PM
Post #789598
midnight
2/13/2007   

My Site
I used to love going in DP years ago. Sadly, more often than not I was monoing rather than actually rping with other chatters. I had to play all the characters in my head myself (and sometimes I did! heh) which really isn't as ideal as one might think.

I can't say if it's slower than usual though the numbers don't look optimistic these days. I haven't stopped in for some time and I think the reasons I stopped are the same many people did. It seemed hard to break in. There were plots going but more failed than succeeded and if you had a new plot idea, it was more than difficult to kick it off. I know I've had many that have never come to anything.

I never saw Dark Pines as a plot itself. It was just a place to meet other people to get your plot going. I'm not sure if making it a plot would help the cause though it's certainly an idea.

I think one thing that makes RPing difficult is that it's hard to get everyone together. For whatever reason, meeting online isn't ideal and if your story needs several players to move even through one scene, it's going to be difficult. So, unless you're apart of many plots so that you always have a character to play, you're screwed. You can only mono so much.

I do agree that the presentation of the pork as an adult oriented site might overshadow the benefits which DP provides as a RP community but, then again, I never thought the Pork should have gone the route as to focus on the adult community.

Pork Expressions - Icon Blanks
Her Realm - Personal Site

Post #789606 Back to top ▲
2/13/2007

midnight

My Site
I used to love going in DP years ago. Sadly, more often than not I was monoing rather than actually rping with other chatters. I had to play all the characters in my head myself (and sometimes I did! heh) which really isn't as ideal as one might think.

I can't say if it's slower than usual though the numbers don't look optimistic these days. I haven't stopped in for some time and I think the reasons I stopped are the same many people did. It seemed hard to break in. There were plots going but more failed than succeeded and if you had a new plot idea, it was more than difficult to kick it off. I know I've had many that have never come to anything.

I never saw Dark Pines as a plot itself. It was just a place to meet other people to get your plot going. I'm not sure if making it a plot would help the cause though it's certainly an idea.

I think one thing that makes RPing difficult is that it's hard to get everyone together. For whatever reason, meeting online isn't ideal and if your story needs several players to move even through one scene, it's going to be difficult. So, unless you're apart of many plots so that you always have a character to play, you're screwed. You can only mono so much.

I do agree that the presentation of the pork as an adult oriented site might overshadow the benefits which DP provides as a RP community but, then again, I never thought the Pork should have gone the route as to focus on the adult community.

Post #789606
Culaquis
2/13/2007   

Member Dead?? , Seems as it always was to me. There are times I go and it is just me. There are times I go and it is a whole mess of fun OOC nonsense, there are times where I better come with the A Game, there are times where a casual game is accepted. I wouldn't even say the pines are in hibernation. It's stuck in that dream where it thinks it is awake but it isn't, and it kind of realizes it?? All I know is many of my chars drew runes and such on the big doors of the Tavern. So it can't die, till I do, and the funny thing about that is I have happy RT relatives that are excited to use their imagination in such a place. The question is mute, because it asks if "imagination" is dead.

Post #789607 Back to top ▲
2/13/2007

Culaquis
Dead?? , Seems as it always was to me. There are times I go and it is just me. There are times I go and it is a whole mess of fun OOC nonsense, there are times where I better come with the A Game, there are times where a casual game is accepted. I wouldn't even say the pines are in hibernation. It's stuck in that dream where it thinks it is awake but it isn't, and it kind of realizes it?? All I know is many of my chars drew runes and such on the big doors of the Tavern. So it can't die, till I do, and the funny thing about that is I have happy RT relatives that are excited to use their imagination in such a place. The question is mute, because it asks if "imagination" is dead.

Post #789607
CM
2/13/2007   

Member Scout, if you've ever been warned in regards to violence in your set, tell me about it. I promise it won't happen again (and whoever did it made a mistake). You don't need to tone down violence, there isn't any such restriction on the room. I know the post was mild, it was a simple example: if killing babies and raping their mothers is acceptable violence, then not much will be taboo when it comes, again, to violence.

Kasteele, tell you what: consider the room back to the "old" style, since the dice crew doesn't meet anymore. That should satisfy your concerns.

-CM
Post #789610 Back to top ▲
2/13/2007

CM
Scout, if you've ever been warned in regards to violence in your set, tell me about it. I promise it won't happen again (and whoever did it made a mistake). You don't need to tone down violence, there isn't any such restriction on the room. I know the post was mild, it was a simple example: if killing babies and raping their mothers is acceptable violence, then not much will be taboo when it comes, again, to violence.

Kasteele, tell you what: consider the room back to the "old" style, since the dice crew doesn't meet anymore. That should satisfy your concerns.

-CM
Post #789610
Topic Info