Chat Rooms   Forums   Calendar   Welcome!
Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Beta Testing
Cradz
7/8/2006   

The Owner
The Owner
Judas

Thanks.

A new room certainly isn't out of the question and will likely happen if we have a lot using the system.

I disagree that having multiple rooms that have smaller numbers in them is a bad thing. It makes no difference to the performance of our system. I also think those that like to poo poo what we're doing should remind themselves they're not the only users on this site and we like to cater to all types.

I've coded a lot this month including the Upgrade Membership section that only has some back end code to create "Member Created" forums before it's completed.

I'm currently working on migration code to move us from the current site to our new site. Hopefully it'll be an easy transition.

In terms of Dark Pines, we've heard your concerns and the chat rooms aren't going to change that much from our current system. There will be additional features but we're not forcing anything on anybody. It'll be your choice to choose whatever chat style you enjoy.

Post #754073 Back to top ▲
7/8/2006

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Judas

Thanks.

A new room certainly isn't out of the question and will likely happen if we have a lot using the system.

I disagree that having multiple rooms that have smaller numbers in them is a bad thing. It makes no difference to the performance of our system. I also think those that like to poo poo what we're doing should remind themselves they're not the only users on this site and we like to cater to all types.

I've coded a lot this month including the Upgrade Membership section that only has some back end code to create "Member Created" forums before it's completed.

I'm currently working on migration code to move us from the current site to our new site. Hopefully it'll be an easy transition.

In terms of Dark Pines, we've heard your concerns and the chat rooms aren't going to change that much from our current system. There will be additional features but we're not forcing anything on anybody. It'll be your choice to choose whatever chat style you enjoy.

Post #754073
Cradz
7/14/2006   

The Owner
The Owner
Beta site has been updated with the latest code.

There is now a "Use PRG" checkbox in the room that allows you to use the Dark Pines RPG features located under the Dark Pine RPG Button.

i.e. You can select your character and set your “mods” but not post rolls until you're ready. Simply click the Use PRG check box and your next post will contain your roll.

I think this answers the concerns of our freeform folks as the RPG options aren't in your face the functionality is hidden behind the Dark Pine RPG Button.

A second armor option has been added too.

Post #754074 Back to top ▲
7/14/2006

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Beta site has been updated with the latest code.

There is now a "Use PRG" checkbox in the room that allows you to use the Dark Pines RPG features located under the Dark Pine RPG Button.

i.e. You can select your character and set your “mods” but not post rolls until you're ready. Simply click the Use PRG check box and your next post will contain your roll.

I think this answers the concerns of our freeform folks as the RPG options aren't in your face the functionality is hidden behind the Dark Pine RPG Button.

A second armor option has been added too.

Post #754074
Cradz
7/14/2006   

The Owner
The Owner
It'll probably have to take place after I return from the trip to Vegas in August as I need to be available to make sure everything runs smoothly.

I still have a few areas I need to complete (some backend admin features etc.) and I'm working on those as I have time. My goal is to have all the RP stuff completed before the trip to Vegas so CM and I can sit down and run through everything and make any tweaks before going live.

I made the mistake last time of going live thinking I'd finish up certain features but they ended up being pushed aside due to r/t commitments. This time I want everything in place before going live so it's just a matter of minor bug fixing and not creating systems. It's much easier building on to the system and making major changes when nobody is using the system yet.

I appreciate your patience. Believe me, I'd love nothing more to get this system online ASAP but I'm not going to rush it like I did last time.

Post #754076 Back to top ▲
7/14/2006

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
It'll probably have to take place after I return from the trip to Vegas in August as I need to be available to make sure everything runs smoothly.

I still have a few areas I need to complete (some backend admin features etc.) and I'm working on those as I have time. My goal is to have all the RP stuff completed before the trip to Vegas so CM and I can sit down and run through everything and make any tweaks before going live.

I made the mistake last time of going live thinking I'd finish up certain features but they ended up being pushed aside due to r/t commitments. This time I want everything in place before going live so it's just a matter of minor bug fixing and not creating systems. It's much easier building on to the system and making major changes when nobody is using the system yet.

I appreciate your patience. Believe me, I'd love nothing more to get this system online ASAP but I'm not going to rush it like I did last time.

Post #754076
Cradz
9/12/2006   

The Owner
The Owner
Charlotte_duLoch

Yes and no. Eventually I want the pork to have several communities with content and features targeted at each community.

Stage one is completely re-coding the site from the ground up. Right now I'm finishing up the Dark Pines RPG code after meeting with CM this past month. I'm also working on other code for the D/s Community and also other things like the Voice/Video chat.

Eventually I'd like for us to have separate domain names for each community but also have the-pork.com as the central portal to all of the sites. That way we can target advertising to each community and DarkPines.com looks and sounds a lot better than the-pork.com ... Wink

Hope that answers your question.

Post #754079 Back to top ▲
9/12/2006

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Charlotte_duLoch

Yes and no. Eventually I want the pork to have several communities with content and features targeted at each community.

Stage one is completely re-coding the site from the ground up. Right now I'm finishing up the Dark Pines RPG code after meeting with CM this past month. I'm also working on other code for the D/s Community and also other things like the Voice/Video chat.

Eventually I'd like for us to have separate domain names for each community but also have the-pork.com as the central portal to all of the sites. That way we can target advertising to each community and DarkPines.com looks and sounds a lot better than the-pork.com ... Wink

Hope that answers your question.

Post #754079
Cradz
9/27/2006   

The Owner
The Owner
FYI. Beta has been updated (and is currently located at http://beta2.the-pork.com).

A lot has been done these past few weeks and I've pretty much completed the admin side of things so that GM's can manage the Dark Pines RPG system (managing characters, add/editing spells, skills, weapons etc. to the system).

You can now select Paths and code is in place so that you can either select a path or select a spell.

A "Level Experience Points" page has also been added.

I still have a few loose ends to tie up but we're getting very close to finishing up the "managing your character" code both for users and admin. Next I'll be working on cleaning up various issues with the chat system and making that easier to use for Role Players (both freeform and DP RPG users).

The code written for the Dark Pines RPG has now surpassed the total code for the My Account area and Discussion Board combined! These things take time but I'm very happy with the quality of the code as minor tweaks have been very easy to make (unlike our current site).

While I won't set a date for launch just yet, I'm very confident we'll be rolling this sucker out within the next couple of months.

Onwards and upwards!

This message was edited by Cradz on 9-27-06 @ 2:15 PM
Post #754081 Back to top ▲
9/27/2006

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
FYI. Beta has been updated (and is currently located at http://beta2.the-pork.com).

A lot has been done these past few weeks and I've pretty much completed the admin side of things so that GM's can manage the Dark Pines RPG system (managing characters, add/editing spells, skills, weapons etc. to the system).

You can now select Paths and code is in place so that you can either select a path or select a spell.

A "Level Experience Points" page has also been added.

I still have a few loose ends to tie up but we're getting very close to finishing up the "managing your character" code both for users and admin. Next I'll be working on cleaning up various issues with the chat system and making that easier to use for Role Players (both freeform and DP RPG users).

The code written for the Dark Pines RPG has now surpassed the total code for the My Account area and Discussion Board combined! These things take time but I'm very happy with the quality of the code as minor tweaks have been very easy to make (unlike our current site).

While I won't set a date for launch just yet, I'm very confident we'll be rolling this sucker out within the next couple of months.

Onwards and upwards!

This message was edited by Cradz on 9-27-06 @ 2:15 PM
Post #754081
Arihkel
11/2/2006   

Member Hey I just like uploaded my Arih icon, and did my entire Arihkel character sheet on this beta.pork version.. ..and I have to say it looks really awesome.

How much longer until it is fully opened and we are all sent over there to RP?

*enthralled, anxious*

`I see; therefore I am.`
Post #754082 Back to top ▲
11/2/2006

Arihkel
Hey I just like uploaded my Arih icon, and did my entire Arihkel character sheet on this beta.pork version.. ..and I have to say it looks really awesome.

How much longer until it is fully opened and we are all sent over there to RP?

*enthralled, anxious*

`I see; therefore I am.`
Post #754082
Cradz
11/2/2006   

The Owner
The Owner
Hi Arihkel,

Thanks for your comments.

The majority of the code is complete and I'm currently working on finishing up a list of bugs/issues found by beta testers.

I've redone the chat rooms once again.. heh.. I've decided to stick with the tab idea I first came up with as it seems work very cleanly and without popup windows which can be a pain due to popup blockers. I think it works for Freeform and RPG Role Players.

The majority of the RP Admin tools are in place now so Game Masters will be able to assign experience to your characters and make changes to your Character Sheet.

My goal is to have the code ready before Christmas and we'll probably have a live Beta test the first week of December to determine if our server can handle a decent load of users.

You guys are more than welcome to use the site and play around and see what works and what doesn't. You will be the ones using it after all... ;p

Interactive maps and a final voice/video system has been pushed back until after the new site is launched as it has taken far too long as it is.

Post #754083 Back to top ▲
11/2/2006

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Hi Arihkel,

Thanks for your comments.

The majority of the code is complete and I'm currently working on finishing up a list of bugs/issues found by beta testers.

I've redone the chat rooms once again.. heh.. I've decided to stick with the tab idea I first came up with as it seems work very cleanly and without popup windows which can be a pain due to popup blockers. I think it works for Freeform and RPG Role Players.

The majority of the RP Admin tools are in place now so Game Masters will be able to assign experience to your characters and make changes to your Character Sheet.

My goal is to have the code ready before Christmas and we'll probably have a live Beta test the first week of December to determine if our server can handle a decent load of users.

You guys are more than welcome to use the site and play around and see what works and what doesn't. You will be the ones using it after all... ;p

Interactive maps and a final voice/video system has been pushed back until after the new site is launched as it has taken far too long as it is.

Post #754083
Arihkel
11/2/2006   

Member sweets! good job, and thank you for all the work! =)

`I see; therefore I am.`
Post #754084 Back to top ▲
11/2/2006

Arihkel
sweets! good job, and thank you for all the work! =)

`I see; therefore I am.`
Post #754084
Cradz
11/15/2006   

The Owner
The Owner
Kasteele

Let me know if there is something that you guys like about this current site that's not currently on the new site.

If nobody tells me, I won't know. Smile

alura~

I've updated your expire date on the beta site but you were a Gold Member on there anyway and the code that expires a Gold Membership isn't in place yet anyway. You should have access to all Gold Member benefits and I just updated the database as I saw that Gold Members were still seeing the advertising section.

Post #754087 Back to top ▲
11/15/2006

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Kasteele

Let me know if there is something that you guys like about this current site that's not currently on the new site.

If nobody tells me, I won't know. Smile

alura~

I've updated your expire date on the beta site but you were a Gold Member on there anyway and the code that expires a Gold Membership isn't in place yet anyway. You should have access to all Gold Member benefits and I just updated the database as I saw that Gold Members were still seeing the advertising section.

Post #754087
CM
11/15/2006   

Member Kasteele, as we've said before, you'll still be able to freeform. There will be -plenty- of freeformers still freeforming. The dice thing will be an -option-, not a requirement.

-CM
Post #754089 Back to top ▲
11/15/2006

CM
Kasteele, as we've said before, you'll still be able to freeform. There will be -plenty- of freeformers still freeforming. The dice thing will be an -option-, not a requirement.

-CM
Post #754089
Topic Info