What is a dupe?
A dupe, or a duplicate, is an icon cut from the same photo, not from the same photo shoot. Keep in mind, a dupe is NOT a dupe, UNTIL it is personalized and used. Which means, a blank posted at either an auction or on the discussion board is NOT a dupe, until it is personalized and USED by a member in chat , or on the discussion board. Blanks on iconeers sites are not dupes until personalized and used.
Another member said my icon is a dupe and I have to delete it, is that true?
NOT considered dupes
ARE considered dupes
No, an icon is not officially a dupe until it is reported to Graphics and it's investigated and determined to be a dupe by the Graphics Department.How do I let The Pork know about a dupe?
All you have to do is send an email to email@example.com
. In the email you should include the following to help us identify the duplicate:
What if the other chatter had the icon first after all?
- Your log in name ONLY, and the name of the icon in your account.
- What page the icon is on in your Graphics Vault.
- The other persons chat name.
- By right clicking on the other member's icon, the address listed there.
If the other chatter had it first, your icon will be considered as the duplicate and taken off line. The icon will remain in your account until you actually delete it. How long will it take to find out if my dupe issue has been resolved?
That really depends on several things:
How will I be notified?
- The ability of Graphics to identify the two icons in question - there are times that we cannot determine the chatters name as there are different variations of names, i.e. ~chatter; ~chatter~; Chatter~, etc.
- If the dupechecker determines the icons are not actually dupes, but were photos taken at the same photo shoot, research will have to be done to find the two original photos to make a ruling. This can take time, however, usually a dupe is a simple matter and you will be notified within a day or so.
An email response will be sent to the member who notified Graphics of the duplicate, and a page will be sent to the member whose icon was taken off line. What if the member whose icon was taken off line reloads it, what should I do?
If you see the icon back on line, you should notify firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will take care of it as soon as possible, by taking it off line again. What if the member keeps reloading the icon and I keep bringing it to Graphics attention?
If this happens, the member may lose their icon privileges for a period of time and/or the issue will be raised with site management.Why can't I call dupe at Graphics Auctions?
There are a couple of reasons:
What exactly can the Iconeers "see" in our accounts?
- A dupe is NOT a dupe until it is personalized and used, as noted above in "What is a dupe?", and
- It's disruptive to the flow of the auction.
Iconeers do not have access to anyone's account, they see icons only - nothing else.What is a Graphics Icon Auction?
This is a Pork sponsored event where icon blanks are bid on by members for personalization. For specific rules, please visit Graphics Icon Auction Rules.
Auctions are every two weeks on a Saturday evening at 8:00 PM Pork time.
Anyone who wants to auction their blanks, should be in the Graphics room fifteen minutes before the auction begins.How long will it take for me to receive my completed order?
Official iconeers have up to two weeks to complete an order. Please keep in mind that there may be times it takes longer due to real time issues. If you think it has been exceptionally long, please contact the iconeer directly by email or pager. In the event the issue is not resolved, you can always contact the Graphics Director at email@example.com
.I would like to volunteer for Graphics, how can I do that?
We are not accepting new volunteers for Graphics at this time. If you would like to be a "helper" you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
.I would like to freelance, how can I do that? What are the requirements?
There are no requirements to freelance due to the new galleries feature. We no longer will link to outside icon sites.Edited: