Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
My Hometown
_M_
8/15/2017   

Member They say a picture is worth a thousand words..

what does this one say?

Here is a black Charlottesville police officer, protecting the 1st Amendment rights of a group of people who would just as soon like to put a bullet in his head because of his skin color

who has this kind of time to hate?..and why?

Virginia, my home, is a beautiful, diverse place..from the Atlantic Ocean in the east, to the Blue Ridge Mountains in the west, full of American history..and tragedy..home to over 80 different Confederate monuments, most placed in various city parks in the 1920's..and let's be honest, not to honor anyone, but to intimidate and keep in force the Jim Crowe laws, nowhere else in the entire world, does any country have monuments to their losing armies

history cannot and should not be simply erased, lest we forget..my belief as someone who drives past several every day is to remove them from public view and place them in a museum to preserve their history, those who wish to view them can still do so, but they are no longer a poke in the eye to blacks and other minorities, as they were intended to be at the time

cannot we all be proud of our heritage without hating others for theirs?..most of the people you saw rioting on the news, weren't even from Charlottesville, but were bussed in

dogs, cats, cows and horses all come in different colors..surprise, so do people!..and prejudice is a learned trait, we aren't born with that

a local news station is looking for input as to how we can come together as a nation and reduce the hate and violence..

my suggestion..stop teaching hate to your children

I realize that I may be rambling, but its really hard for me to get my head around this shit..anyone else with some insight?
Post #1039182 Back to top ▲
8/15/2017

_M_
They say a picture is worth a thousand words..

what does this one say?

Here is a black Charlottesville police officer, protecting the 1st Amendment rights of a group of people who would just as soon like to put a bullet in his head because of his skin color

who has this kind of time to hate?..and why?

Virginia, my home, is a beautiful, diverse place..from the Atlantic Ocean in the east, to the Blue Ridge Mountains in the west, full of American history..and tragedy..home to over 80 different Confederate monuments, most placed in various city parks in the 1920's..and let's be honest, not to honor anyone, but to intimidate and keep in force the Jim Crowe laws, nowhere else in the entire world, does any country have monuments to their losing armies

history cannot and should not be simply erased, lest we forget..my belief as someone who drives past several every day is to remove them from public view and place them in a museum to preserve their history, those who wish to view them can still do so, but they are no longer a poke in the eye to blacks and other minorities, as they were intended to be at the time

cannot we all be proud of our heritage without hating others for theirs?..most of the people you saw rioting on the news, weren't even from Charlottesville, but were bussed in

dogs, cats, cows and horses all come in different colors..surprise, so do people!..and prejudice is a learned trait, we aren't born with that

a local news station is looking for input as to how we can come together as a nation and reduce the hate and violence..

my suggestion..stop teaching hate to your children

I realize that I may be rambling, but its really hard for me to get my head around this shit..anyone else with some insight?
Post #1039182
etcetera
8/15/2017   

Member None of my insight is eloquent or thoughtful.

The whole thing hurts my heart. I hate raising a daughter in a world where people would rather hate than just exist together.

A girl lost her life so that people could express their hatred. It accomplishes nothing and only prove that we still have a long way to go.

I think the community of Charlottesville has shown true grace in all of this and have really shown what the city is about, so for that you should be proud -s-
Post #1039186 Back to top ▲
8/15/2017

etcetera
None of my insight is eloquent or thoughtful.

The whole thing hurts my heart. I hate raising a daughter in a world where people would rather hate than just exist together.

A girl lost her life so that people could express their hatred. It accomplishes nothing and only prove that we still have a long way to go.

I think the community of Charlottesville has shown true grace in all of this and have really shown what the city is about, so for that you should be proud -s-
Post #1039186
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna