Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Pager Spam
SoulCatcher
9/30/2016   

Member So I Log On and find This In My pager

What gives ?

"
anthony5
Posted Today @ 9:39 AM Delete This Message Post a reply to this post... Post a quoted reply to this post...

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

-Like hell, burning silently strong

Edited: 5/23/2017 by Cradz
Post #1034176 Back to top ▲
9/30/2016

SoulCatcher
So I Log On and find This In My pager

What gives ?

"
anthony5
Posted Today @ 9:39 AM Delete This Message Post a reply to this post... Post a quoted reply to this post...

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

Post #1034176
isabelle
9/30/2016   

me too

sent it to Cradz and Security

guesses he is not gonna have much luck with that secret thing here..lol
Post #1034177 Back to top ▲
9/30/2016

me too

sent it to Cradz and Security

guesses he is not gonna have much luck with that secret thing here..lol
Post #1034177
Cradz
9/30/2016   

The Owner
The Owner
What gives?

Welcome to the Internet. Tongue

The user has been banned.
Post #1034179 Back to top ▲
9/30/2016

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
What gives?

Welcome to the Internet. Tongue

The user has been banned.
Post #1034179
SoulCatcher
5/23/2017   

Member Just a thought.

Make it so non paying members can't send
Pagers to more than one person at a time

Post #1038077 Back to top ▲
5/23/2017

SoulCatcher
Just a thought.

Post #1038077
Cradz
5/23/2017   

The Owner
The Owner
SoulCatcher (5/23/2017)
Just a thought.

Great minds think alike... and I can turn back on blocking certain countries from signing up like I had before. Wink

I'll make it a paying only feature to send to multiple people if we continue to see this issue. I've found blocking China and Egypt has worked in the past for most of these fake accounts.

This is why I like running a small site. You get bigger and people notice you and start spamming. Laugh

Post #1038079 Back to top ▲
5/23/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
SoulCatcher (5/23/2017)
Just a thought.

Great minds think alike... and I can turn back on blocking certain countries from signing up like I had before. Wink

I'll make it a paying only feature to send to multiple people if we continue to see this issue. I've found blocking China and Egypt has worked in the past for most of these fake accounts.

This is why I like running a small site. You get bigger and people notice you and start spamming. Laugh

Post #1038079
Lot_122
5/23/2017   

Hi Cradz,

I just signed on and had 2 pager messages waiting for me. Both were from the same person, date stamped at the exact same time (6:21 a.m.), and thought you should take a look at them, seeing as how they reference finding me through your site. They were sent by (trustee11) and contained the following message. I have no idea who this person is. Please let me know what you find out.
Thanks.

Post #1038080 Back to top ▲
5/23/2017

Lot_122
Hi Cradz,

I just signed on and had 2 pager messages waiting for me. Both were from the same person, date stamped at the exact same time (6:21 a.m.), and thought you should take a look at them, seeing as how they reference finding me through your site. They were sent by (trustee11) and contained the following message. I have no idea who this person is. Please let me know what you find out.
Thanks.

Post #1038080
Cradz
5/23/2017   

The Owner
The Owner
Lot_122 (5/23/2017)
Hi Cradz,

Thanks.

It's just a spammer who probably found your name on a post on the forums.

Just delete them. I'm removing the spam message from your post.. no need to give that information.
Post #1038081 Back to top ▲
5/23/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
Lot_122 (5/23/2017)
Hi Cradz,

Thanks.

It's just a spammer who probably found your name on a post on the forums.

Just delete them. I'm removing the spam message from your post.. no need to give that information.
Post #1038081
Cradz
5/23/2017   

The Owner
The Owner
OMG. I guess I need to just go in and delete these message as everybody keeps sending it to me.

Have you people not been spammed before? Tongue

I want your email account.
Post #1038082 Back to top ▲
5/23/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
OMG. I guess I need to just go in and delete these message as everybody keeps sending it to me.

Have you people not been spammed before? Tongue

I want your email account.
Post #1038082
Cradz
5/23/2017   

The Owner
The Owner
So it appears we had a limit of 6 Recipients on the old classic site so I'll be updating the main site to match for paying members (Silver and above) and Bronze members will be set to 1 recipient only.

That should make it harder for somebody to spam using the pager system. We're also IP Blocking certain countries now too.

Post #1038083 Back to top ▲
5/23/2017

Cradz
The Owner
The Owner
So it appears we had a limit of 6 Recipients on the old classic site so I'll be updating the main site to match for paying members (Silver and above) and Bronze members will be set to 1 recipient only.

That should make it harder for somebody to spam using the pager system. We're also IP Blocking certain countries now too.

Post #1038083
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna