Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Wild
~darla~
2/9/2015   

Member "My boot was gone. Actually gone.
I clutched its mate to my chest like a baby, though of course it was futile. What is one boot without the other boot? It is nothing. It is useless, an orphan forevermore, and I could take no mercy on it. It was a big lug of a thing, of genuine heft, a brown leather Raichle boot with a red lace and silver metal fasts. I lifted it high and threw it with all my might and watched it fall into the lush trees and out of my life.
I was alone. I was barefoot."

"The truth is, I was only half sorry to see them go.... I was done with those boots by the time I lost them, though it's also true that I loved them."

Wild by Cheryl Strayed.

Have spent the week reading this book and can thoroughly recommend it.

~We accept the love we think we deserve~
~What other people say about me is none of my business~
Post #1015039 Back to top ▲
2/9/2015

~darla~
"My boot was gone. Actually gone.
I clutched its mate to my chest like a baby, though of course it was futile. What is one boot without the other boot? It is nothing. It is useless, an orphan forevermore, and I could take no mercy on it. It was a big lug of a thing, of genuine heft, a brown leather Raichle boot with a red lace and silver metal fasts. I lifted it high and threw it with all my might and watched it fall into the lush trees and out of my life.
I was alone. I was barefoot."

"The truth is, I was only half sorry to see them go.... I was done with those boots by the time I lost them, though it's also true that I loved them."

Wild by Cheryl Strayed.

Have spent the week reading this book and can thoroughly recommend it.

~We accept the love we think we deserve~
~What other people say about me is none of my business~
Post #1015039
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna