Welcome Guest! ( Login | Register )
Laydeez and Gentlemen - this is Carnival Jack
CarnivalJack
6/21/2014   

Member He picked up his hat and placed it on his head. Smiling he looked into the mirror inspected his make up, straightened his waistcoat and looked himself up an down. He winked at his own reflection and said "Showtime." He left his caravan and made his way towards the main site.

On the way he past Maria, practicing her juggling. She pause, waved at him and shouted "Evening, Jack. Dressed to kill, I see."
Jack grinned and answered "Indeed, Maria, Indeed".
He looked at the crowds gathering at the entrance.
"Looks like a good night, tonight" he said to himself as he approached the Ghost Train ride. He entered through a back entrance, and turned on the main switch. Like some great beast rising from its slumber, the ride came alive. Lights flickered, the engined whined as the started, but quickly died down to a gentle hum, which accompanied the recorded sounds on werewolves, screams, moans and chain rattling.

Jack walked around doing his checks, then stopped to check his appearance. He looked down and saw his shoes weere dusty, so he picked up a rag an gave them a quick polish. He then pulled on a pair of white gloves.

Stepping out to the front he opened his arms and raised raised both hands. "Laydeez and gentlemen, welcome to the Ghost Train. Pregnant women and those of a nevous disposition are advised not to use this ride. For the rest, this ride the will scare the life out of you! Come and enoy the ride... if you dare!"

At the front of the queue two girls were holding their place amid all the jostling for position, faces filled with anticipation.
"How old are you, there is an age restriction on theis ride?" Jack asked.
"17", replied one. "No, it was your birthday last month, you're 18 now. We are both 18." said the other.
Jack frowned, then smiled "If you say so". He let them though, and stopping the others from entering.
"Ladies, you have the privilege of beeing the first to ride tonight. Go straight to the first car."
One of the girls turned to him "Is it really scary?"
Jack grinned "It wouldn't be a ghost ride if it wasn't. Sit down and do up your seatbelt."
As they settled in, he bent down and whispered to them "Remember, under no circumstances should you leave the car....whatever happens." For a moment the girls looked apprehensive. Jack walked back to the queue. One of the boys at the front complained "When are you going to let us in?"

Jack smiled "All in good time. Our first riders get a special ride." He threw a switch. The car jerked forward and the girls screamed.
Slowly it made it's way to the entrance, then swiftly, without a sound, the car dissappeared. A few seconds of silence, followed by a scream."
Jack cocked his head to one side. "Two satisfied customers, I hope." Then in a louder voice. "Who's next?"

After a few more had gone through and come out, a voice from the crowd asked Jack "Where are the girls, they haven't come out yet?"
Jack ignored him.
He persisted "The girls - they went in first, they should have been the first out."
Jack replied "The must have come out, you just missed them."
"No" the man answered. "I've been watching all the time. They are still in there."
"No they are not" said Jack. "They must have come out first."
The man went on "You need to see whats happened. They must be inside."
Jack walked up to him and snarled. In a low, but firm voice he said "I know who's gone in and who's come out. When I say they are not in there, they are not. Now, if you want to ride, be quiet and get in line. If not....bye bye." Jack waved.

Jack stood back opened his arms, then at the top of his voice he said "Come, take a ride on the Ghost Train! The ride of your life!"

Post #1005869 Back to top ▲
6/21/2014

CarnivalJack
He picked up his hat and placed it on his head. Smiling he looked into the mirror inspected his make up, straightened his waistcoat and looked himself up an down. He winked at his own reflection and said "Showtime." He left his caravan and made his way towards the main site.

On the way he past Maria, practicing her juggling. She pause, waved at him and shouted "Evening, Jack. Dressed to kill, I see."
Jack grinned and answered "Indeed, Maria, Indeed".
He looked at the crowds gathering at the entrance.
"Looks like a good night, tonight" he said to himself as he approached the Ghost Train ride. He entered through a back entrance, and turned on the main switch. Like some great beast rising from its slumber, the ride came alive. Lights flickered, the engined whined as the started, but quickly died down to a gentle hum, which accompanied the recorded sounds on werewolves, screams, moans and chain rattling.

Jack walked around doing his checks, then stopped to check his appearance. He looked down and saw his shoes weere dusty, so he picked up a rag an gave them a quick polish. He then pulled on a pair of white gloves.

Stepping out to the front he opened his arms and raised raised both hands. "Laydeez and gentlemen, welcome to the Ghost Train. Pregnant women and those of a nevous disposition are advised not to use this ride. For the rest, this ride the will scare the life out of you! Come and enoy the ride... if you dare!"

At the front of the queue two girls were holding their place amid all the jostling for position, faces filled with anticipation.
"How old are you, there is an age restriction on theis ride?" Jack asked.
"17", replied one. "No, it was your birthday last month, you're 18 now. We are both 18." said the other.
Jack frowned, then smiled "If you say so". He let them though, and stopping the others from entering.
"Ladies, you have the privilege of beeing the first to ride tonight. Go straight to the first car."
One of the girls turned to him "Is it really scary?"
Jack grinned "It wouldn't be a ghost ride if it wasn't. Sit down and do up your seatbelt."
As they settled in, he bent down and whispered to them "Remember, under no circumstances should you leave the car....whatever happens." For a moment the girls looked apprehensive. Jack walked back to the queue. One of the boys at the front complained "When are you going to let us in?"

Jack smiled "All in good time. Our first riders get a special ride." He threw a switch. The car jerked forward and the girls screamed.
Slowly it made it's way to the entrance, then swiftly, without a sound, the car dissappeared. A few seconds of silence, followed by a scream."
Jack cocked his head to one side. "Two satisfied customers, I hope." Then in a louder voice. "Who's next?"

After a few more had gone through and come out, a voice from the crowd asked Jack "Where are the girls, they haven't come out yet?"
Jack ignored him.
He persisted "The girls - they went in first, they should have been the first out."
Jack replied "The must have come out, you just missed them."
"No" the man answered. "I've been watching all the time. They are still in there."
"No they are not" said Jack. "They must have come out first."
The man went on "You need to see whats happened. They must be inside."
Jack walked up to him and snarled. In a low, but firm voice he said "I know who's gone in and who's come out. When I say they are not in there, they are not. Now, if you want to ride, be quiet and get in line. If not....bye bye." Jack waved.

Jack stood back opened his arms, then at the top of his voice he said "Come, take a ride on the Ghost Train! The ride of your life!"

Post #1005869
CarnivalJack
6/22/2014   

Member Some have said they dont want to post comments here because they dont want to interrupt the flow. I say post here otherwise how will I know if you like it!
Of course, you can always pager me, if you prefer.

All criticism welcome - positive and negative.

Either way - sit back and enjoy the ride. Wink
Post #1005902 Back to top ▲
6/22/2014

CarnivalJack
Some have said they dont want to post comments here because they dont want to interrupt the flow. I say post here otherwise how will I know if you like it!
Of course, you can always pager me, if you prefer.

All criticism welcome - positive and negative.

Either way - sit back and enjoy the ride. Wink
Post #1005902
{littlemissy}CarnivalJack
6/25/2014   

*wants to know where the girls are*

*sits back and waits*

Post #1006081 Back to top ▲
6/25/2014

*wants to know where the girls are*

*sits back and waits*

Post #1006081
SeA
6/26/2014   

~more please~ nice read.......

what happens to the guy does he ride does he look for the girls

Post #1006111 Back to top ▲
6/26/2014

SeA

~more please~ nice read.......

what happens to the guy does he ride does he look for the girls

Post #1006111
CarnivalJack
7/13/2014   

Member A short while later, Jack looked out over the crowd and could see a policewoman making her way towards him. Behind her was the man he recognised from earlier. Jack rolled his eyes.
The policewoman came up to him.

Jack smiled at her and said "Hello darling, no trouble I hope?". He then looked at the man and curled his lips in a sneer briefly, before returning to look at the policewoman.

"May, I have a word?" she asked.

Jack sighed "Well, it's busy today and I have a ride to run...."

Jack turned to the side and shouted to a colleague who happened to be passing by. "Harry, can you take over for a bit? This lovely lady wants a word!" He turned and grinned at the policewoman, who looked at him sternly.

Jack stepped of the raised platform in front of the ride and said to the police officer "How can I help you?"

The police woman replied "This gentleman says that he saw two girls go into the ride but did not come out."

Jack signed, "Yeah, he mentioned that. He was mistaken. Of course, they came out."

The police officer persisted "Did you see them come out."

Jack nodded "Yes".

The man, who was standing behind, shouted out "Liar".

The policewoman turned to him, "Please sir, let me do my job."

Jack went on "There are a lot of people that go through this ride, it gets very busy sometimes. In the five years I've been running it we haven't lost anyone." He laughed.

The policewoman responded "Nevertheless, we have had a report and we have to investgate."

Jack tilted his head in her direction "Tell me, have you had a missing persons report?"

She answered "No, but.."

Jack threw his hands into the air. "There you are; no one is missing. Can I get back to my customers?"

"Not so fast," said the policewoman. "I'd like to check out the ride."

"Why?" asked Jack, with a smirk, "What do you think you'll find? Trap doors? Dungeons?" He laughed.

"I don't know, but I'd like to look around.....unless you have a reason not to want me to look around."

Jack signed again "No, I don't mind, but I'll have to shut down the ride. Health and Safety, you know." He winked.

She found his attitude a little disconcerting.

"Harry" shouted Jack. "Shut it down for 5 minutes, the lady would like to be shown around the back."

Harry told the crowed they'd have to wait for a short while. After the remaining cars had come out, he went over and threw a switch. The ride ground to a halt, the music, the sound of the machinery and the sounds and voices of the ride stopped. The silence was eerie.

"Come this way." He led the policewoman around the back to a steel door. He opened it with a key and showed her inside.

The man that had been the cause of the trouble had been following them. He tried to enter, but Jack poked him in the chest "Not you" he sneered and then shut the door on him.

Jack led the policewoman around the inside of the ride, explaining how it worked. "You see; no bodies."

The policewoman was getting irritated by his attitude.

"Is there any way the girls could have left. Though that door, perhaps."

Jack shook his head. "No, it's a fire door. If they had opened it they would not have been able to shut it. And as you saw, it was closed when we arrived."

The police woman frowned. "I'd like to look around by myself" she said.

Jack cocked his head to one side "Sure, I'll wait here. Be careful." He chuckled.

She started walking around in the dim light. The place was still a little hazy from some of the smoke effects. She had her torch out, trying to make sure there was no indication that the girls had left their car.

She crept around but could not find anything. Suddenly, the music blasted out loadly, smoke filled the area around her, lights flashed and the machinery whirred. She was disorientated, she turned and stumbled. She took a step forward and screamed as a blood spattered man put his arms around her. She fought free, drew her baton and slowly backed away trying to make out the shape in hazy darkness. Before she could work it out she backed into someone. She screamed and instinctively hit out with her baton, but the figure caught her wrist in mid-air. It was Jack.

"Careful with that, someone could get hurt." he chuckled.

"I see you've met our zombie mannequin. Harry must have started up the ride by accident. Come this way before the cars come through."

He guided her to the door and then outside. She was visibly shaken.

"Um...well, I didn't find anything. Clearly the man must have been mistaken." She was trying to compose herself; trying to be professional. "I'll need to make some notes, just in case we have a missing persons report. What is your name?" She took out her notebook.

Jack smiled "It's Jack. They call me Carnival Jack."

"Your surname?" she asked.

"I don't usually use surnames." replied Jack.

"I need your surname, Jack", she persisted.

"Mulburry, the name is Jack Mulburry. And yours is..." he replied.

"Thank you. I'll be in touch if there is anything else. I'm Emma."

Still disoriented from her experience she turned to walk away.

"Always pleased to help." said Jack and he tipped his hat. He paused and then called after her "Emma, just a moment". She paused and waited for him to catch up.

"Emma, we usually hold a party on the first Tuesday after opening, because that's our early closing night. That's tomorrow night. Would you like to join us?"

She didn't expect this. There was something going on, she was sure. She couldn't put her finger on it. He was charming, but odd at the same time. Perhaps she could find out a bit more at the party. But as a police woman it was not something she felt she should do, she was only a constable. She should not be investigating things. Nevertheless, she was intrigued.

"I'd love to." she replied.

"Good, meet me at the gates at 11pm." Jack tipped his hat.

"Ok, I'll see you then" she nodded and walked off.

Jack stood for a moment and watched her walk away. He nodded and smiled to himself.

"Jack, Oh, Jack - what are you doing? You are playing with fire." He chuckled to himself as he walked back to the ride.

As he arrived Harry came up to him and asked “Everything OK, Jack?”

Jack smiled “Nothing I can’t handle. And by the way, your timing was spot on.”

They both chuckled.

Jack raised his arms and turned to the crowd. “Laydeez and gentlemen, welcome to the Ghost Train. Come and enjoy the ride... if you dare! It will be the ride of your life!"
Post #1006656 Back to top ▲
7/13/2014

CarnivalJack
A short while later, Jack looked out over the crowd and could see a policewoman making her way towards him. Behind her was the man he recognised from earlier. Jack rolled his eyes.
The policewoman came up to him.

Jack smiled at her and said "Hello darling, no trouble I hope?". He then looked at the man and curled his lips in a sneer briefly, before returning to look at the policewoman.

"May, I have a word?" she asked.

Jack sighed "Well, it's busy today and I have a ride to run...."

Jack turned to the side and shouted to a colleague who happened to be passing by. "Harry, can you take over for a bit? This lovely lady wants a word!" He turned and grinned at the policewoman, who looked at him sternly.

Jack stepped of the raised platform in front of the ride and said to the police officer "How can I help you?"

The police woman replied "This gentleman says that he saw two girls go into the ride but did not come out."

Jack signed, "Yeah, he mentioned that. He was mistaken. Of course, they came out."

The police officer persisted "Did you see them come out."

Jack nodded "Yes".

The man, who was standing behind, shouted out "Liar".

The policewoman turned to him, "Please sir, let me do my job."

Jack went on "There are a lot of people that go through this ride, it gets very busy sometimes. In the five years I've been running it we haven't lost anyone." He laughed.

The policewoman responded "Nevertheless, we have had a report and we have to investgate."

Jack tilted his head in her direction "Tell me, have you had a missing persons report?"

She answered "No, but.."

Jack threw his hands into the air. "There you are; no one is missing. Can I get back to my customers?"

"Not so fast," said the policewoman. "I'd like to check out the ride."

"Why?" asked Jack, with a smirk, "What do you think you'll find? Trap doors? Dungeons?" He laughed.

"I don't know, but I'd like to look around.....unless you have a reason not to want me to look around."

Jack signed again "No, I don't mind, but I'll have to shut down the ride. Health and Safety, you know." He winked.

She found his attitude a little disconcerting.

"Harry" shouted Jack. "Shut it down for 5 minutes, the lady would like to be shown around the back."

Harry told the crowed they'd have to wait for a short while. After the remaining cars had come out, he went over and threw a switch. The ride ground to a halt, the music, the sound of the machinery and the sounds and voices of the ride stopped. The silence was eerie.

"Come this way." He led the policewoman around the back to a steel door. He opened it with a key and showed her inside.

The man that had been the cause of the trouble had been following them. He tried to enter, but Jack poked him in the chest "Not you" he sneered and then shut the door on him.

Jack led the policewoman around the inside of the ride, explaining how it worked. "You see; no bodies."

The policewoman was getting irritated by his attitude.

"Is there any way the girls could have left. Though that door, perhaps."

Jack shook his head. "No, it's a fire door. If they had opened it they would not have been able to shut it. And as you saw, it was closed when we arrived."

The police woman frowned. "I'd like to look around by myself" she said.

Jack cocked his head to one side "Sure, I'll wait here. Be careful." He chuckled.

She started walking around in the dim light. The place was still a little hazy from some of the smoke effects. She had her torch out, trying to make sure there was no indication that the girls had left their car.

She crept around but could not find anything. Suddenly, the music blasted out loadly, smoke filled the area around her, lights flashed and the machinery whirred. She was disorientated, she turned and stumbled. She took a step forward and screamed as a blood spattered man put his arms around her. She fought free, drew her baton and slowly backed away trying to make out the shape in hazy darkness. Before she could work it out she backed into someone. She screamed and instinctively hit out with her baton, but the figure caught her wrist in mid-air. It was Jack.

"Careful with that, someone could get hurt." he chuckled.

"I see you've met our zombie mannequin. Harry must have started up the ride by accident. Come this way before the cars come through."

He guided her to the door and then outside. She was visibly shaken.

"Um...well, I didn't find anything. Clearly the man must have been mistaken." She was trying to compose herself; trying to be professional. "I'll need to make some notes, just in case we have a missing persons report. What is your name?" She took out her notebook.

Jack smiled "It's Jack. They call me Carnival Jack."

"Your surname?" she asked.

"I don't usually use surnames." replied Jack.

"I need your surname, Jack", she persisted.

"Mulburry, the name is Jack Mulburry. And yours is..." he replied.

"Thank you. I'll be in touch if there is anything else. I'm Emma."

Still disoriented from her experience she turned to walk away.

"Always pleased to help." said Jack and he tipped his hat. He paused and then called after her "Emma, just a moment". She paused and waited for him to catch up.

"Emma, we usually hold a party on the first Tuesday after opening, because that's our early closing night. That's tomorrow night. Would you like to join us?"

She didn't expect this. There was something going on, she was sure. She couldn't put her finger on it. He was charming, but odd at the same time. Perhaps she could find out a bit more at the party. But as a police woman it was not something she felt she should do, she was only a constable. She should not be investigating things. Nevertheless, she was intrigued.

"I'd love to." she replied.

"Good, meet me at the gates at 11pm." Jack tipped his hat.

"Ok, I'll see you then" she nodded and walked off.

Jack stood for a moment and watched her walk away. He nodded and smiled to himself.

"Jack, Oh, Jack - what are you doing? You are playing with fire." He chuckled to himself as he walked back to the ride.

As he arrived Harry came up to him and asked “Everything OK, Jack?”

Jack smiled “Nothing I can’t handle. And by the way, your timing was spot on.”

They both chuckled.

Jack raised his arms and turned to the crowd. “Laydeez and gentlemen, welcome to the Ghost Train. Come and enjoy the ride... if you dare! It will be the ride of your life!"
Post #1006656
{littlemissy}CarnivalJack
7/13/2014   

Brilliant Smile

More! More! Big Grin
Post #1006661 Back to top ▲
7/13/2014

Brilliant Smile

More! More! Big Grin
Post #1006661
LBSG
7/13/2014   

Member pLEASE CONTINUE..highly intrigued here!!!!Big GrinTongueWinkEvil
Post #1006662 Back to top ▲
7/13/2014

LBSG
pLEASE CONTINUE..highly intrigued here!!!!Big GrinTongueWinkEvil
Post #1006662
SuGar
7/14/2014   

So what did You do with them girls eh Jack?
~grins
I look forward to reading more...
Post #1006678 Back to top ▲
7/14/2014

SuGar
So what did You do with them girls eh Jack?
~grins
I look forward to reading more...
Post #1006678
Topic Info
Forum Moderators: Cradz, MistressTrinna